1. Cho, I. H. and Peterson, D.G. Chemistry of bread aroma: A review. Food Sci. Biotechnol. 2010 19, 575-582
2. Peterson, D.G. Refining Maillard-type flavor chemistry - phenolic reaction pathways. Planetary lecture, 9th Wartburg Symposium Proceedings on Flavor Chemistry & Biology April 13-16, 2010, Eisenach, Germany, submitted.
3. Moskowitz, M. and Peterson, D. G. Hydroxycinnamic acid-Maillard reactions in simple aqueous model systems. in Controlling Maillard Pathways. 2011. Washington, D.C.: American Chemical Society Symposium Proceedings.
4. Jiang, D. and Peterson, D.G. Role of hydroxycinnamic acids on food flavor: a brief overview. Phytochem. Rev. 2010. 9:187–193
5. Jiang, D. , Chiaro, C., Maddali, P, Prabhu, S.K. and Peterson, D.G. Identification of hydroxycinnamic acid-Maillard reaction products in low-moisture baking model systems. J. Agric. Food Chem. 2009. 57, 9932–9943.
6. Jiang, D. and Peterson, D.G. Hydroxycinnamic acid-Maillard reactions: Insights into flavor development of whole grain foods. 12th Weurman Symposium Proceedings, Interlaken, Switzerland, pg 297-300.
7. Holt, A., Potineni, R. and Peterson, D.G. Flavor ingredient interactions in confections. Accepted. 12th Weurman Symposium Proceedings, Interlaken, Switzerland. Pg 139.
8. Potineni, R.V. and Peterson, D.G. Mechanisms of flavor release in chewing gum: Cinnamaldehyde. 2008. J. Agric. Food Chem 56, 3260–3267.
9. Potineni, R.V. and Peterson, D.G. Influence of flavor solvent on flavor release and perception in sugar-free chewing gum. 2008. J. Agric. Food Chem 56, 3254–3259.
10. Tapanapunnitikul, O., Chaiseri, S., Peterson, D., Thompson, D. Water solubility of flavor compounds influences formation of flavor inclusion complexes from dispersed high-amylose maize starch. 2008. J. Agric. Food Chem 56, 220-226.
11. Ghosh, S., Peterson, D.G., J.N. Coupland. Temporal Aroma Release Profile of Solid and Liquid Droplet Emulsions. 2008. Food Biophysics. 3:335–343
12. Vunta H, Davis F, Palempalli UD, Bhat D, Arner RJ, Thompson JT, Peterson DG, Reddy CC, Prabhu KS. 2007. The Anti-inflammatory Effects of Selenium Are Mediated through 15-Deoxy-12,14-prostaglandin J2 in Macrophages. J. Biol. Chem. V. 282, No. 25, pp. 17964–17973
13. Peterson, D.G. and Noda, Y. Role of Phenolic Reactions on Maillard Reaction Flavours. Wartburg Flavor Symposium. 8th Wartburg Symposium Proceedings on Flavor Chemistry & Biology February 28 - March 2, 2007, Eisenach, Germany.
14. Ghosh, G., Peterson, D.G. and Coupland, J.N. 2007. Aroma Release from Solid Droplet Emulsions: Effect of Lipid Type. JAOCS. 84:1001–1014
15. Noda, Y. and Peterson, D.G. 2007. Structure-reactivity relationships of flavan-3-ols on product generation in aqueous glucose/glycine model systems. J. Agric. Food Chem. 55. 3686-3691.
16. Totlani, V.M. and Peterson, D.G. Influence of Epicatechin Reactions on the Mechanisms of Maillard Product Formation in Low Moisture Model Systems. J. Ag. Fd. Chem. 2007. 55: 414-420.
17. Totlani, V.M. and Peterson, D.G. Epicatechin carbonyl-trapping reactions in aqueous Maillard systems: Identification and structural elucidation. J. Agric. Food Chem. 2006. 54: 7311-7318.
18. Peterson, D.G., Colahan-Sederstrom, P.M. and Potineni, R.V. 2006. Effect of processing technology and phenolic chemistry on ultra-high temperature Bovine milk flavor quality. in Chemistry and Flavor of Dairy Products, Symposium Proceedings, 228th ACS National Meeting, Philadelphia, PA, August 22-26, 2004.
19. Schwambach, S.L. and Peterson, D.G. 2006. Reduction of stale flavor development in low-heat skim milk powder via epicatechin addition. J. Ag. Fd. Chem. 54: 502-508.
20. Ghosh, G., Peterson, D.G. and Coupland, J.N. 2006. Effects of droplet crystallization and melting on the aroma release properties of a model oil-in-water emulsion. J. Ag. Fd. Chem. 54; 1829-1837.
21. Dubost, N.J., Beelman, R.B., Peterson, D.G., and Royse, D.J. Identification and quantification of ergothioneine in cultivated mushrooms by liquid chromatography-mass spectroscopy. Int. J. Med. Mushr. 8:215-222.
22. Totlani, V.M. and Peterson, D.G. 2005. Reactivity of epicatechin in aqueous glycine and glucose maillard reaction models: quenching of C2, C3 and C4-sugar fragments. J. Ag. Fd. Chem. 53: 4130-4135.
23. Colahan-Sederstrom, P.M. and Peterson, D.G. 2005. Inhibition of key aroma compound generated during ultra-high temperature processing of bovine milk via epicatechin addition. J. Ag. Fd. Chem. 53: 389-402.
24. Potineni, R.V. and Peterson, D.G. 2005. Influence of thermal processing conditions on flavor stability in fluid milk: benzaldehyde. J. Dairy Sci. 88:1-6.
25. Peterson, D.G. and V.A. Totlani. 2005. Influence of flavonoids on the thermal generation of aroma compounds. in Phenolics in Foods and Natural Health Products, New York, ACS Symposium Series #909, September 7-11, 2003, pg 143-160.
26. Morawicki, R.O., Beelman, R.B., Peterson, D.G. 2005. Recovery and purification of 10-oxo-trans-8-decenoic acid enzymatically produced using a crude homogenate of Agaricus bisporus. J. Food Sci. 70(8):C490-494
27. Morawicki, R.O., Beelman, R.B., Peterson, D.G. and Demirci, A. 2005. Biosynthesis of 1-octen-3-ol and 10-oxo-trans-8-decenoic acid using a crude homogenate of Agaricus bisporus: Reaction Scale Up. J. Food Sci. 70(5):367-371.
28. Gallaher, J.J, Peterson, D.G., Roberts, R.F. and Coupland, J.N. 2005. Effect of composition and antioxidants on the oxidative stability of fluid milk supplemented with an omega-3 oil rich emulsion. International Dairy Journal. 15: 333-341.
29. Morawicki, R.O., Beelman, R,B., Peterson, D.G. and Ziegler, G. 2005. Biosynthesis of 1-octen-3-ol and 10-oxo-trans-8-decenoic acid using a mushroom homogenate. Optimization of the reaction, part I: kinetic factors. Process Biochemistry. 40:131-137.
30. Schober, A.L. and Peterson, D.G. 2004. Flavor release and perception in hard candy: Influence of flavor compound-compound interactions. J. Ag. Fd. Chem. 52: 2623-2627.
31. Schober, A.L. and Peterson, D.G. 2004. Flavor release and perception in hard candy: Influence of flavor compound-flavor solvent interactions. J. Ag. Fd. Chem. 52: 2628-2631.
32. Nattress, L.A , Ziegler, G.R., Hollender, R and D.G. Peterson. 2003. The impact of hazelnut paste on the sensory properties and shelf life of dark chocolate. J. Sensory Studies. 19: 133-148.
33. Peterson, D.G. and Reineccius, G.A. 2003. Characterization of the volatile compounds which constitute fresh sweet cream butter aroma. Flavour Frag. J. 18(3):215-220.
34. Peterson, D.G. and Reineccius, G.A. 2002. Determination of the aroma impact compounds in heated sweet cream butter. Flavour Frag. J. 18(4):320-324.
35. Peterson, D.G. and Reineccius, G.A. 2002. Biological pathways for the formation of oxygen-containing aroma compounds. in Heteroatomic Aroma Compounds. G.A. Reineccius. ACS Symposium 826, pg. 227-242.
36. Peterson, D.G. and Fulcher, R.G. 2001. Variation in Minnesota HRS wheats: Starch granule size distribution. Food Research International 34(4): 357-363.
37. Peterson, D.G and Fulcher, R.G. 2001. A simple digital conversion of a traditional laboratory mixograph. Cereal Research Communications 29(3-4): 397-404.
38. Peterson, D.G. and Fulcher, R.G. 2001. Variation in Minnesota HRS wheats: Bran content. J. Food Sci. 67(1): 67-70.